Do you have a furnace in your home? Then you might already qualify for a heat pump grant and rebates. By pairing your pre-existing furnace with a qualifying heat pump, you can receive up to $7,100 for the installation of a heat pump! When you take advantage of these incentives, you upgrade your heating system, improve your household’s efficiency and lower your carbon footprint. In this article, we break down the benefits of a heat pump and how its versatility as an HVAC system helps you save!
Mini Split Ductless Heat Pumps
Heat pumps are a type of HVAC system that can heat and cool your home. They consist of an indoor unit and an outdoor unit. With a heat pump, you can heat a single room or multiple rooms with precise temperature control.
Heat pumps work by transferring heat from one place to another. In the winter, they warm your home by taking heat from the outdoor air, (yes, even in the cold!), and blowing it into your house. Conversely, in the summer, they cool your home using refrigerant and by moving the hot air from inside your house outside.
Hybrid Heating Systems
If you already have a furnace and think you don’t qualify for heat pump grants and rebates, think again! These incentives can help pay for the installation of a hybrid heating system. And if you think that you won’t benefit from installing a heat pump, think again!
So, why would you want to install a heat pump if you already have a furnace?
Heat pumps offer a variety of benefits, even when installed alongside a furnace – in fact, this is one of the most efficient HVAC setups you can have! They are very cost-effective, provide temperature control and are very quiet. Plus, the installation is eligible for grants and rebates, potentially saving you thousands of dollars and costing less than a basic central air conditioner.
A hybrid heating system, or dual-fuel system, is a combination of a traditional heating system like a furnace and a heat pump. With a hybrid system, you have the efficiency of the heat pump and the backup strength of a furnace.
Hybrid heating systems provide a range of benefits, including:
- High energy efficiency
- Reduced energy bills
- Lower carbon emissions
- Customized temperature control
- Heating and cooling capabilities
- Zoned heating and cooling
Why Get a Heat Pump Instead of an Air Conditioner
There are so many reasons to get a heat pump instead of an air conditioner.
- You can reduce your carbon footprint. Heat pumps are more environmentally friendly as they don’t burn fossil fuels.
- Heat pumps are more efficient than ACs. Rebate qualifying units are higher-rated SEER units than most ACs and feature invertor compressors which allow lower operating costs and quieter operation.
- You get two systems in one. Unlike an air conditioner which only cools a space, heat pumps heat and cool your space.
- Heat pump grants and rebates! You can get a top-tier unit for the price of a standard air conditioner using the grants and rebates that are available.
Finance Your Heat Pump
With HAMCO, you have the option to finance your heat pump. Whether you’re worried about cost or would rather pay a monthly installment while you wait for your grant funds, consider heat pump financing. We have different options so you can find one that suits your budget.
Do You Qualify?
If you’re not sure you qualify, get in touch with us and we’ll help you find out! We can discuss the savings and other benefits that come with the installation of a heat pump. Keep in mind that these grants and rebates may also be used for:
- Ground source heat pump installation
- Attic and Basement Insulation
- Cold climate ducted heat pump installation
- Cold climate ductless heat pump installation
- Heat pump water heater installation
If you’d like to explore how else you could save on home energy efficiency upgrades, we can do that too!
HAMCO Heating & Cooling Ltd. has been serving Hamilton, Grimsby, Burlington, Oakville and Brantford for over 75 years. We’re fully committed to providing the best quality service for all our customers on every call.